Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ultrasound Mishap

Hey Everyone,
I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything. Since the last time I have had two ultrasounds. The first ultrasound was just to figure out my due date. It ended up being the same due date I was originally given-- June 25, 2009. A couple weeks after the ultrasound we looked online at our insurance claims. We saw that the insurance was not going to be covering my $600 ultrasound. At first, I was furious that they wouldn't cover something like that. Then we called the insurance. Matt and I busted out laughing to find out that the reason it wasn't covered was because the hospital had billed the OB ultrasound in Matthew's name. The insurance company said that they don't cover female procedures performed on men. The insurance company was able to re-process our account with the ultrasound in my name. Good times!!!

Just today I had another ultrasound where we were able to find out the sex of the baby. It's a girl!! We have pictures, but I have to wait until I can scan them at school so that I can put them up. We are very excited to be having a baby girl, and we have pretty much agreed on the name Abigail Van Dusen. Unless she arrives and doesn't look like an Abigail, we pretty much have our minds set on Abigail. We've decided not to give any of our daughters middle names, because that is something that has been done on both sides of our families. We will probably not keep the tradition from my side of the family of giving our sons my maiden name, but we have decided to keep the tradition of not giving our daughters middle names.

That's it in our neck of the woods!! We hope all is well with you and yours!!

2 comments: