Saturday, March 7, 2009

My First Baby Shower

Back: Audrey, Nicole and Marissa
Middle: Crystal, Jenica, Lyra, Laura, Risa
Front: Tanya, Me, Ashley, Tara, Abby, Susie
Silly Picture!!!

Well, I am on the homestretch now. Only 3 months left. Last night my friends Heather and Audrey hosted a baby shower for me. This shower was specifically for all of my friends in the Interpreting program since they will be heading off to different parts of the country on internship soon. We had a lot of fun. I got a lot of clothes, blankets, etc. I also got a bath set and diapers. A couple of people even made me crocheted (I think... what's the other thing called like that. I always mix the two up) blankets. They were so adorable.
We played a couple of games. First we played a game where no one could say or sign the word baby. This was fun, because my Deaf friend, Lyra was there, so we each took turns interpreting. At one point I was interpreting and someone got a phone call and said they were at a "baby" shower so could they call them back. Someone caught her saying baby, but I was interpreting so I signed baby. Someone looked over and saw me sign baby and tried to take my pin. I was like, "I'm interpreting. That doesn't count. Anyway, we had a blast. We also played a game where everyone had to guess which kind of baby food was in the bottle just by looking at it. Last, we played a game where everyone had to cut a piece of yarn that they thought was the exact circumference of the biggest part of my belly. Then they measured mine and saw who was the closest. My friend Abby won!! She swears it's because we plan to name our daughter Abigail. It was really fun.

Lots of Pictures:

Everyone hanging out at the smoothie bar!!! Yum!!

Audrey's present to me & Baby Shower decorations! She is so efficient!!

The Gift Table- Love the diaper cake!!!

Playing the Baby Food Game!! Is it yams or Sweet potatoes?

This is the blanket that Tara crocheted(?) for me. There are matching booties too! No wonder she hasn't started studying for the National Interpreter Certification written test yet!!

A bath set and wash cloths from Laura! So useful!! Thank you!!

Cute outfits from Lyra and part of the crocheted (?) blanket that she is working on for Abigail!! So cute!! I have such great friends!!! I will miss them all!!

Adorable little Baby girl sunglasses!! Abigail will be styling when we go to California to visit Grandma and Grandpa Van Dusen or Alabama to visit Grandma and Grandpa Davis. Heaven knows she won't need them in Oregon!!

My favorite diaper cover ever!! The dress is super cute too, but I LOVE the Lady Bug on the rear!!! Thanks Tanya and Abby!!!

Heather measuring my big belly for the "How big is Robin's belly?" game.

My string is the one with the scissors lined up with it. I'm thinking that some people overestimated just a bit ASHLEY!! Ashley's is the one that continues outside of this picture. Maybe I will be that big the day that I give birth! J/K! Of course, Abby won this game. The Abby's are just in tune with each other. What can I say?

We had a blast!! A great stress reliever with Dead Week starting on Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww i didn't know you where having a girl. Congrats . Baby showers are always a blast and you can't have to many with your 1st one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of fun Robin! GOOD LUCK with Dead week this week!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete