Well, I am on my way to being a certified interpreter along with many of my friends from school. Today I took the National Interpreter Certification written test. Preparing for it was pretty stressful being that Finals start Monday, but it was totally worth it. We took the test at Portland State University and celebrated by going to Papa Hayden's for lunch. We had a lot of fun as you can probably tell. The next step will be taking the performance portion of the test at the end of May. It will be quite a feat if I pass that portion of the test, but if I am successful, I will be a nationally certified ASL/English interpreter. That would be a dream come true. Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me through my schooling. It means the world to me!!!
Friday, March 13, 2009
On my Way
Well, I am on my way to being a certified interpreter along with many of my friends from school. Today I took the National Interpreter Certification written test. Preparing for it was pretty stressful being that Finals start Monday, but it was totally worth it. We took the test at Portland State University and celebrated by going to Papa Hayden's for lunch. We had a lot of fun as you can probably tell. The next step will be taking the performance portion of the test at the end of May. It will be quite a feat if I pass that portion of the test, but if I am successful, I will be a nationally certified ASL/English interpreter. That would be a dream come true. Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me through my schooling. It means the world to me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! I'm so excited for each one of you! I hope I can do the same when the 23rd rolls around. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you Robin! You're gonna be an awesome interpreter! What are you doing during spring break?
ReplyDelete