Well, Matt and I have some major changes coming up. Not only are we having our first child shortly, we decided to move to Utah. We think this will be the best thing for our family. Matt just found out he will be transferring to the Midvale, UT OfficeMax store. He will leave May 2nd or 3rd and start work on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo). I will stay behind and finish out my internship. I will finish my internship on June 5th. All of my graduation activities are on June 12th and 13th. Matt will come for graduation and stay until I have the baby (as long as the baby doesn't come too late!!) After the baby is born, he will move me and the baby to Utah. Then we will finally all be united and under the same roof again.
I am looking into the requirements for interpreting in Utah and will probably start applying for jobs in Utah shortly. We will live and work in Utah for a year, so that Matt can get resident status before he starts going to school. He is hoping to go to Weber State University to go through their radiology program. He will probably go to a community college first and then he will go to Weber. Things seem to be really falling into place, and we are excited to see what the future holds for us in Utah!! At the same time, we are very sad to leave our friends here, in Oregon.
I am also a bit nervous about my husband being gone during the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy, but I know that I have plenty of people here to help take care of me in his absence. My friend and I were joking that I should change my name to Robin Davis Van Dusen Figemmert, because my two close friends that have adopted me into their families are the Figueroa's and the Hemmert's. They have both made it clear that they will be taking care of me while Matt is away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WHAT!!!!! NO< You can't leave....we miss miss you way too much. But we are happy for you and this new adventure. And please know that you can count on me as well for anything while Matt is gone.
ReplyDelete