Well, Matt is officially gone to Utah now. ( We took pictures the night before he left, so that is what these pictures are from.) He doesn't love his job, but my amazing husband is making sacrifices to ensure that we have health coverage for the birth of our baby girl. After Abigail is born, he hopes to get hired on elsewhere. He would love to be hired on as a customer service rep with one of the hospitals in the area, but we will just have to see what
Being away from each other has been hard, but being able to talk to each other every night has made it bearable. We cherish our phone calls every night and take turns reading scriptures and saying family prayer together over the phone every night. I am counting down the days until he returns even though he has only been gone for a week.
My pregnancy is going well. For those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about 3 weeks ago. It was a struggle at first to pin down a diet that worked for me, but I have finally figured out what to do. I am mostly eating vegetables and protein. I try my best to stay away from the breads and pasta that make my blood sugar go up. The doctor has already seen a difference just in my weight. I lost 5 pounds in between appointments, which is exactly what he wants to see. I have only gained about 10 pounds in my pregnancy, but he is happy to see my losing that weight again. He also checked the position of the baby during my last appointment. Abigail is head down, but she is really high up and not lined up right at all. He told me to start walking a mile or two everyday. I have been doing that and have noticed that she twirls all around a couple of hours after each walk. I guess we'll see at my next appointment whether the walking is helping her to get lined up or not.
Hey Robin! I've been meaning to call you for a few days now but life has been crazy! I've been thinking about you lots and have been wondering how things are going for you with Matt out of town. I didn't know about the gestational diabetes. Good luck! I'll give you a call soon. I LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteWhat a trooper! I certainly know the trials of "Being on my own" so a big hug to you. If I can ever be of help in anyway...even just for a chat don't hesitate to stop by or give me a call.
ReplyDelete