It all started when I got home from work on Friday, February 12th. When I came in the back door there were two dozen red and white roses sitting on the kitchen table with a box of See's candy and a card that said, "Of Things to Come".
Beautiful, right? Matt arranged them himself.
Then when Matt got home around midnight, he gave me a cocktail dress he bought for me and revealed what we were going to do the next day. He showed me the menu to the Sweetheart's Dinner at the Grand America hotel. He also told me that he made arrangements with my brother to watch Abigail overnight and he made hotel reservations at the Crystal Inn. The Crystal Inn was having a Valentine's Day special with a jacuzzi in the room and a special gift basket with rose pedals and sparkling cider and wine glasses. He gave me the choice between spending the night at the Grand America Hotel or the Crystal Inn. I chose the Crystal Inn, because we had stayed there before, and I really liked it!!
In the morning we drove Abigail to Jay's house. Matt hadn't seen Jay's family for quite some time, so we stayed for a couple of hours and visited with them. We were planning on going to movie, but ran out of time since we spent so much time with Jay's family. Instead we went to the mall on the way home and picked up some shoes to go with the dress Matt got me since I didn't have any that would match.
After we were done at the mall, we went home and packed our things to go to the hotel. While Matt was showering and shaving I went to get a pedicure. I hadn't gotten a pedicure in Utah yet, but I ended up finding a really great nail place!! I really like it. They even put my feet in parafin wax at the end of the pedicure before they painted my nails.
Then I met up with Matt and we drove to the hotel, checked in, changed into our eveningwear and went to the Grand America Hotel for dinner. It was amazing!!! Everything was exquisite. I don't think I've ever been in such a fancy building. I wanted to take pictures, but didn't really have chance. Our camera didn't have much battery life left. I will share what we have. Anyway, I felt like we ate like the French. There were many different dishes that we tried, but each one was so small that by the time that we were done we were stuffed but didn't feel like we were going to explode the way you do after Thanksgiving. For example, the Caesar salad was one leaf of lettuce with a crouton shaped like a napkin ring around the leaf of lettuce and caesar dressing on the side. It tasted great though!!
The service was great!! At the beginning, Matt went to go wash his hands before the food came like he always does. The host saw him heading out of the room. He asked if everything was to his satisfaction. Matt said, "Yeah, I am just going to the restroom to wash my hands." The host said, "The restroom is down the hall on the right." Matt and I decided that the service that night made up for all the horrible waitresses we've ever had. The mood was great too!! The lighting was romantic and we were right next to the musicians. Toward the end, we were one of the last people there as we had one of the latest reservations. The musicians would turn to us and tell us what song they were going to play and ask if it was ok. It was so amazing!!
Here are some pictures
Ok, so this is kind of weird, but I had to take pictures of how beautiful the bathroom was. I have never been in such a fancy restroom.
The Entryway: What you see when you go in the door to the restroom
The area with the sinks as well as the most luxurious stools to sit on and look at yourself in the mirror if you want. This room was and octagon shape with mirrors on every wall. There were cloth hand towels to dry your hands with and a laundry shoot to put them in when you were done.
Have you ever seen such beautiful bathroom stalls?
Anyway, it was pretty amazing!! We had a great time! It was 11 pm by the time we finished dinner and were back at our hotel, so we pretty much crashed as soon as we got there. We even saved the sparkling cider until we got home the next day. We had a great time!! It was the first time we had spent a night away from Abigail. At first I really missed her, but I was finally able to relax and enjoy it.
Give you an update on the rest soon. I'm off for spring break starting on Thursday, so I should be able to catch up on everything else then. Hopefully after that I will be a much more faithful blogger!!











I'm not sure how I missed this post, but what an amazing night!!!
ReplyDelete