Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Family Day

In the middle of March I had to cover a track meet and so I only had to go to work for two hours the next day on Matt's day off.  Matt and I didn't have anything planned for the day as when we plan things they never work out.  When I got home from work at 10 am, I had a strong hankering for buttermilk pancakes at Sunny's Cafe a block from our apartment.  So, we walked the block to the cafe.  I was really hungry, so I ordered a stack of pancakes.  Matt ordered fully loaded hashbrowns.  Normally we share, and then Matt eats the rest of what ever I can't finish.  I ate a few bites of my pancakes, then Matt offered to let me try his hashbrowns.  We traded plates, and I took a few bites of his hashbrowns.  Then I asked for my pancakes back.  Matt was surprised that I didn't want more hashbrowns.  When polished off all of my pancakes, Matt's comment was, "Wow... you really were hungry!"  I told him that I meant it when I said I was starving.  Anyway, we had a good time.  Here are some photos we took.

Playing at the table!

Cutie!!

That's my man!!

Big girl sitting up to the table!!


On the walk back home we stopped at a window of one of the shops in the strip mall next to our house.  Abigail was loving it!!!


When we got home Abigail was definitely ready for a nap, so we all took a nap together.  I spent the rest of the evening applying for a contiuing education program for this summer!! I was glad we took time to have fun earlier in the day when it took so much longer to work on that application than I thought it would.

We had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment