Saturday, April 30, 2011
Phone Etiquette
This morning Abigail and I were just playing together. She got her play cell phone out of her toy box and started having a conversation with someone. I'm not really sure who. Then she pulled it down to look at it and pushed the "End" button. Immediately, looking surprised she said, "Ooooo, call back." Then she started punching some buttons and she put it back up to her ear and said, "Bye, See ya". I started busting up, because she knows it's not nice to hang up on people. And why? Because every time she talks to Grandma or Grandpa when she's had enough talking she just hangs up on them. We tell her that it's not nice and that we will call them back, dial grandma or grandpa and she uses proper phone etiquette to say goodbye and then we hang up again. How funny that in her play she did the exact same thing she does in real life! And I'm sure at this point she thinks that the appropriate thing to do is hang up and call back to say goodbye. We might have to work on that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How funny! What a great story - it's funny just to think of hanging up on someone, then calling back to say bye. :) I might try it this week LOL
ReplyDelete