Well, it was my birthday on Sunday! I'm 26, so I guess the years just keep on coming. I was born on my Grandpa Davis' birthday. Since he died it has been really hard for me to celebrate my birthday. I used to always call him on my birthday, even if he couldn't really hear what I was saying on the phone. So, I have made sure to call Grandma Davis every year on my birthday now that he's gone. I think that special bond that I had with him has just transferred over to my Grandma. I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful to know that I can see my grandfather again and that I know he was watching over me wishing me a happy birthday. I miss him tons, but I know he's in a happier, healthier place now.
Well, Matt surprised me on Saturday and got a babysitter and took me out to Texas Roadhouse. We had a great time and the staff their wished me a happy birthday crazy style. It was really fun!!
Sunday I went to church and played the piano in Primary. A few people who saw that it was my birthday on the calendar wished me a happy birthday, which was nice. In Primary the kids sang Happy Birthday to me, and one of the teachers came and played the piano so I would have to stand at the front while they sang to me. I got to have a Sunday nap for the first time in quite a while, which was a perfect birthday present. We went to a friend's house for dinner. We had a great time!! It was the perfect birthday spent with friends and people I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment