Monday, July 30, 2012

The "Y"

Today I had an interview at BYU for a part time interpreting job.  It was just about the easiest job interview I've ever been in. They asked me if I was new to Utah and I explained I moved here 3 years ago and have been working in K-12 since then.  I told them that having an opportunity to interpret for Weber was so much fun and motivated me to pursue finding post secondary work.  They told me that I was hired pending approval from HR. I guess they had hiring freezes a couple of years ago and now they are required to interview, get approval from HR, have the applicant fill out an application, do a screening (which they are forgoing since I already have my national certification) and receive an ecclesiastical endorsement to be able to get started.  So, I basically just have to wait to see whether HR will approve hiring another interpreter.  Then it's just filling out the application and an interview with my bishop.

While I was at the interview Abigail played with my cousin, Rayanna and her family. Then when I got back I spent several hours hanging out with them.  It was really great to see her and spend some time with her.  Abigail had fun playing with her kids.  It took a while for her to play with Gavin, but once she did they had quite a bit of fun. They played sword fighting and with angry birds and whatever they thought of to keep themselves entertained.  Sometimes I wasn't really even sure what it was they were doing to stay entertained. Abigail didn't want to leave, but I finally convinced her to go.  It was pretty good timing too, because we got home about 5 minutes after Matt.  We had a great day!!!

1 comment: