Thursday, August 9, 2012
An Important Step
Yesterday I drove to Idaho Falls and escorted a friend of mine through the temple to receive her endowments. She and I went to college together, but she is marrying someone from Idaho. None of her family ate members and they haven't really been supportive of her getting married in the temple. I was happy that I could be there to support her in her decision and in this next big step in her life. We went to dinner after and I was able to get to know the groom's side of the family. It made for a long day to drive there, be in the temple for a number of hours and drive back the same day, but it was worth it to be there for a friend. Tomorrow Matt and I will make the same trip together this time (dropping Abigail off at my brother's in Logan on the way). It will be nice to have a companion for the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you were able to be there for her! I struggled with the same thing when I got married. It was so nice to have a friend there because it's such a confusing, weird time :)
ReplyDelete