Well, things have gone really well with Matt out of town! I finished my BYU class and I am just waiting for them to finish grading my last couple of assignments. Once they've done that I can transfer my transcripts to Western and be able to graduate as planned in a couple of weeks.
I had the opportunity to go to Utah and visit Matt for Memorial Day weekend! I used my frequent flyer miles and didn't have to pay a thing!! We stayed in a nice hotel my first night there, so that we could have some alone time. Then on Saturday I went to Provo and hung out with my friend, Rachel while Matt was working. On Sunday we went to church in Logan with my brother, Jay. We had the opportunity to meet my neice, Riley, for the first time. We didn't end up leaving Logan until 10pm. We had a great day hanging out with Jay and Jessica. On Monday I studied and we went to check out an apartment. It was amazing, so we paid the deposit for that apartment and signed the lease. Later that night we were looking in the online classifieds for a washer and dryer. We found a commercial quality washer and dryer set for $400. Matt called and offered them $200, and they actually took it. I was in shock. We went and picked up the washer and dryer Monday night, and Matt is storing them in the place that he is living in West Valley. Tuesday we spent the whole day at BYU while I took the midterm and the final for my BYU class. I finally finished at 3:30, so we hopped in the car and booked it to the Salt Lake City airport. I got to my gate just as they were starting to board! Wheh!!
Saying goodbye was hard to do, but knowing that I will be reunited with Matt again in two weeks made it easier. This past weekend with Matt was complete bliss. Eventhough, I had studying I had to do, it was so enjoyable to just be together.
I am way excited about our new apartment. It is in North Salt Lake, and it is 2 large bedrooms with a large kitchen. They are redoing all the flooring before we move in, so that will be really nice with a new baby. There is air conditioning as well as a dishwasher, w/d hookups and 2 bedrooms in a nice area. Everything I wanted!! Hooray!!!
I am doing really well with my gestational diabetes. My doctor told me that he is proud of me several times in my last appointment!! I am loosing weight and the baby is getting bigger!! Good news!! He said the baby is very healthy, and because of the healthy way I am eating I will be thin when the baby is born. I wasn't expecting that, and I don't really care that much about that. I expect to have to work out like crazy to get to the weight I want to be. All I really care about is a healthy baby!! Matt noticed my weight loss, because the first night I was there he kept on saying, "You're so skinny." "You're so little!!". I think all the weight loss was more of a shock to him since he hadn't seen me for 3 weeks. Mother and baby are very healthy and happy.
I am really looking forward to all the big changes happening in our lives!! The Lord has truly blessed us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment