Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, Matt and I got sick the week of Thanksgiving!  That was the most challenging week of my life with having to clean up after both Matt and myself while also trying to take care of Abigail.  Of course, Abigail decided to start acting up and get an attitude of her own during this whole ordeal.  We've decided that Abigail is even more stubborn that Matt and I combined.  Luckily, we made it through that week.  We are both more than relieved to be well again.  Abigail has started to settle down as well, which I am more than grateful for.

Yesterday I organized a Harston Cousin Christmas Get-Together.  We had a lot of fun.  We had it at Steve's house, which was perfect.  Steve his family, Jay and his family, Natalie and Heather were all there.  We had a great time!! I made Enchilada Pie.  It was a huge hit with Steve's kids, who apparently have become picky eaters.  Natalie brought home some left over food from the catering business she works for and we had Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.  It was very good.  We spent the rest of the evening catching up and playing Wii.  It was a blast!! I obviously have been out of comission for a while, because I totally forgot to take pictures.  I always try to take pictures when we go places, but I totally blew it this time!  Sorry!!

Abigail is getting cuter and cuter.  She has started playing with Matt's tie during church and holding onto the hymn book when we sing in church.  Of course she also tries to eat the book, but I think it's pretty normal for her to want to put anything she sees in her mouth.  She loves talking to her grandparents on the phone.  Although, she does get mad when we won't let her put the phone in her mouth.  She has also taken a liking to paper.  She has even ripped the wrapping paper off of a couple of presents under the tree.  She will be so cute opening her presents Christmas morning.  She has also started lifting her arms and lefts when she is on her tummy.  She looks like she is skydiving.  She has also gotten pretty good at lifting herself onto her hands and knees.  She doesn't stay there long, especially on the hardwood floor, but it's a start.  She will be crawling before too long!!

We had family pictures taken yesterday morning at a park across from Temple Square!! They turned out pretty cute, but the photographer has to edit out the rosy redness on our noses as it was only 20 degrees out and started snowing at the end of the photo shoot.  Moral of the story: Take family pictures in the Summer or Fall!!!  You will see some of the pictures in our electronic Christmas card this year, and the rest I will post on the blog!!

Here are some pictures that have been accumulating on my phone and my digital camera.  She will have a well-baby check up this week and shots.  I will keep you updated on how that goes. Other than that, I think you are all up-to-date on everything that is going on in our lives.

Love you all!! Merry Christmas!!


This one is super dark, but I didn't want to put the flash on and wake her up.
This one is hilarious, because that is how I sleep only I prop my leg up on Matt's leg not a stuffed moose.


 
Skydiving





Taking a break!


Playing with the Black Friday Ads.




Playing in the swing with Floppity, my Beanie Babie my Dad gave me when I was a kid.




All wrapped up after playing in the tub!!

 
Raisin feet after playing in the tub!! She loves to play in the water!
We have to watch her closely though or else she will drink the water.



Hey, whatcha doin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment