Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I posted last. I have thought of blogging many times, but I have chosen playing with Abigail, cleaning the house or working out over updating the blog. I'm sorry it's been so long. I will try to update everyone on what we've been doing in the last month and a half.
Impromptu Going Away Party
At the end of April we said goodbye to our good friends the Morrise's. Abigail & I went to an impromptu going away party. Here is an adorable picture of Abigail and their son, Steven. They were both crawling around and at the exact same moment decided take a break and have a seat. They ended up sitting back to back just by happen chance. Steven started crawling away before I could snap the picture, but it was precious.At one point they pulled out a mechanical dinosaur. Abigail loved grabbing the the swaying tail. She had pretty good hand-eye coordination.
During the month of May we also went to the Rec Center to go swimming quite a bit. Here are some pictures.
We went to the Texas Road House after we went swimming and Abigail stole a rib bone off of my plate and started teething on it. Whatever works right?
Wedding Reception
On April 24th a friend of the family got married. Matt pleasantly surprised me by taking 6 hours off that day so that he could go to the wedding reception with me. It was so nice. It had been so long since we were able to go to a social event together. We had a blast. It was so nice to see the Sumner's. I hadn't seen them since I was 16. We also saw the Ryan's. I hardly recognized them and they hardly recognized me. It was great to reconnect.
The Ryan's
My friend, Andrea (sister of the bride), holding Abigail while Matt & I steal a dance.
What a gorgeous couple!!
I added this picture, because the father of the bride looks so happy!!
Meg's Graduation Party
The last weekend in April I went to my old roommates graduation party. I am so proud of Megan for sticking it out and finishing her bachelor's degree. We met briefly in Humboldt. Then when I moved down to Sacramento we were in the same ward. At that time she was taking a break from school, and working multiple jobs to pay down her student loans. Then, we became roommates. We became very close during that time. She moved out of our apartment and quit her job and started going to school full-time. She has been going to school full-time ever since & she finally has her bachelor's degree. That is such a great accomplishment. It was so great to see her parents and sisters. Abigail loved it too! She kept on crawling up to all the men at the party and just watched them talk. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I try not to look too much into it.
Rosie's Graduation Party
On May 7th we went to my cousin Rosie's graduation party. She graduated from the "U" with her PhD. We are so proud of her. That is a lot of work. We have had the opportunity to see Rosie a couple of times since we moved to Utah. That has been so much fun!! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but it was so nice to see Rosie, her sister Rochelle and their parents. We also had the opportunity to see Cousin Stott. I forgot that his family lived in Utah. I hope to get together with them again sometime. Abigail and I had a great time despite how cold it was. The sun was so deceiving.
Uncle Ralph's Track Meet
The next day we went to Uncle Ralph's Track meet. We had a good time. It was pretty informal. Matt had the opportunity to try the javelin and the shot put. He preferred the latter. Abigail also did some exploring of the bleachers. She had never been exposed to stairs before, so we decided to let her explore.
After the track meet was over we took Uncle Ralph to our favorite cafe that I blog about all the time. He seemed pretty impressed! This time we got lunch food. We have only ever had breakfast food, but it was great!!
Mother's Day
For Mother's Day, I woke up early and made potato salad & fed Abigail breakfast. Then we both went back to bed. Then Matt got up first to shower and made me breakfast in bed. He used the left over boiled potatoes from the potato salad and fried them up with eggs, cheese & Canadian bacon. He seasoned them with Red Robin Seasoning. It was delicious!! I also got to open my presents. earlier that morning. Abigail got me a board book called, "I Love You, Mommy". Now we read it every night as a part of her going to bed ritual. I love it!! Matt got me the blu-ray of "The Blind Side" and some of my favorite sugar cookies.
At church I got a tomato plant. I love it! I'm so happy that I will be able to grow my own tomatoes, as long as I don't kill the plant.
During the evening we went to Uncle Ralph's house. People enjoyed our potato salad. I was glad, because it was Matt's grandma's recipe and I had never made it before. Abigail had a blast playing with all the cousins. They would pick her up and bring her places. She also climbed the stairs (supervised) and would play with the kids upstairs. There was one point that both Abgail and another a little older than her were standing up to an foot rest. The cousin wanted to get to the other side of Abigail. He started shoving Abigail and Abigail lost her balance. Once she had her balance back she started shoving her cousin back until he got the drift and crawled around her to the other side of the foot stool. I was happy to see that Abigail could hold her own. We stayed late that night and played games with Uncle Ralph and a couple other cousins. I am really starting to feel more comfortable around some of Matt's cousins since we've been hanging out with them so much lately. It was a really enjoyable Mother's Day!! Oh, & Aunt Jean gave me a sun flower!! I love sun flowers so much!!!
Abigail was having her own game with some retired Phase 10 cards!!
Date
For the first time in months Matt and I went on a date without Abigail on May 10th. My friend Melissa watched her for us. We went to Pier 49 Pizza. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. PLUS... we used our entertainment book. So, we got a ton of food and only paid half price. Then we went to see Iron Man. Since we've lived in Utah the movie theater in Bountiful has been out of business, but it recently opened back up again. We were pleasantly surprised to find that tickets only cost $6 there. We had a great time seeing the movie and then hanging out with the Watson's after we got back. The Jazz game was on, so we witnessed the Lakers kill the Jazz in the last quarter. Poor Jazz!! We stayed up really late and I was dying the next day at work, but it was worth it.
Empty Bowls
There is a fundraiser that the school I work at does every year called Empty Bowls. The ceramics students make bowls. The ProStart team makes gourmet soups and rolls. So, people come and pay $10. They get to pick out a bowl the ceramics students made and they get a bowl of soup and a roll. The money goes toward a homeless shelter for teens in Salt Lake City. The homeless shelter has lost funding, so they are no longer able to stay open past 5 pm. So, teens can go there and get a warm meal, a shower and a sleeping bag, but they cannot spend the night because of lack of funding. I really wanted to support the cause, so Abigail and I went. We didn't know a soul there, but we still had a good time getting to know the people around us. The next day they extended the fundraiser to the faculty and staff, so I paid another $10 for a bowl. In classic "Robin" fashion, I got tortilla soup both Wednesday night and Thursday at lunch. I couldn't help it; it was amazing!!
Playing Games
We have played games at Uncle Ralph's a lot this month. This is how Abigail stays entertained.
An Evening with Andrea
Last Thursday my friend Andrea came over. We just hung out and talked. When she first showed up I was still doing dishes, so she fed Abigail for me while I was doing that. It was so nice to catch up with her. Hopefully, now that we both live in the Salt Lake valley we will keep up with each other better.
eBay Party
Last Friday was Matt's supervisor's last day at eBay. Matt asked me to make spinach dip. I didn't have all the ingredients for it Thursday night. I looked at all the grocery stores in North Salt Lake & no one had Leek Soup mix, the most important ingredient to spinach dip. I didn't know what to do. When Matt got off work at 11:30 pm he looked at the Smith's in Draper and found some. I had him buy 10 packets in case I can't find it again. I was too tired to stay up and make it when he got home. So, I came home from work Friday and made it as fast as I could and ran it to his work in time for the party. Expecting to just drop it off and go back home, I had my exercise clothes on. Then when I got there he told me he got special permission for me to come in and stay for the party. I felt really out of place and awkward in my exercise clothes, but everyone loved Abigail and LOVED the spinach dip. His supervisor was raving about the spinach dip to everyone. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable, but a little flattered at the same time.
Date w/ Will & Cindy
On Monday we went on a date with Matt's best friend Will and his wife, Cindy. Will has been away at Basic Training and then Firefighter Training for the Air Force. They had a couple weeks off before they get shipped out to Guam, so we made sure to hook up with them while they were in Utah. We went to eat at the Golden Corral, where we stuffed ourselves silly. Will hadn't seen Iron Man yet and really wanted to go, so we went to Iron Man again. Matt was totally excited to go a second time, but somehow I memorized the whole movie and found it a little bit redundant the second time. Regardless, it was great to be out on a date and especially nice to see Will and Cindy.
Well, that brings us current. Just one last picture I took of Abigail yesterday. Abigail is so cute. She's growing up a lot. She's not walking yet, but so close. She loves giving raspberries. It's a fun little game we play. Yesterday I was at my visiting teaching companion's house and Abigail tried to give her raspberries. Brooke didn't know what was going on, so I think she pulled away a little bit. Then Abigail came over to me and we played our game giving each other raspberries back and forth. Brooke thought it was just a hoot. We had so much fun. I love it when she gives me raspberries.
After her bath!!
This post is almost over, I promise!!
The innocent look after having stolen a chocolate chip. Gee, I wonder where that chocolate chip went!?!
And this one, because it's just so cute!
































Hey! I have lived in Drammen, Oslo, Bodø, Stavanger and soon Bergen. When did she serve here? I hope things are going a little better for you. Loved the post! :)
ReplyDelete