Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Love My Life

I am really grateful for my life. It certainly hasn't taken the path I thought it would, but I couldn't ask for a husband to love me more than mine does.  He works hard to get the training he needs in order to get a job that will support us all.  He has been super supportive of everything I've wanted to do professionally, even if it meant taking him out of California. His family definitely suffered the consequences of that.  I know they really want us to move back to California. 

Abigail is wonderful! She is spicy and sweet all wrapped into one.  She is stubborn.  If she knows something is naughty and she sees others doing it she doesn't hesitate to let them know. She genuinely wants to obey, but sometimes she wants something a certain way that it is so hard for her to obey. She really tries though. She genuinely loves others, unless you hurt her.  Then she is a little bit of a grudge holder (Unfortunately, she gets that from her mother.) but she is working very hard at forgiving and forgetting (like her mom). She is such a little sponge.  She learns quickly and loves to learn.  She loves art projects.  She hardly plays with her toys, because she spends all her time drawing, coloring, cutting and gluing whatever she invent in her mind.  She has a quick imagination.  Daily I see her pretending she's the teacher or a vendor at the "Festival of Rocks" or that she's on vacation on the back porch.  Luckily, none of our neighbors seem to mind that she has props for her imaginary world scattered across our shared back balcony while she's playing out what's in her imagination. 

I know there are people who look at my life and don't think it's much.  I know we live in a small apartment.  I know that I'm a working mom.  I know I don't have any family in Utah. I know I don't get paid commensurate to my level of education. I know there will be a big gap between my children. All of that is okay, because it's the people in my life that make it one of joy. My little family is perfect, and my in-laws are amazing. They are all so supportive of me and our family. They accepted me from the first time that Matt brought me to meet them.  Of course, my family is great too. They put in the effort to keep a relationship with me even if they are on the other side of the continent.  And I couldn't be more grateful for the special friends in my life that I count as family.  It has been hard for me to make friends here in Utah, but I finally have a place I fit.  I have people who genuinely care about me and who want to spend time with me. 

I am truly blessed! I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for loving me and blessing me so much with the wonderful people in my life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment