Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Matt's Birthday!!!


Well, Matt's birthday was on March 31, the day before I went on Spring Break, and the only time I can't take a personal day.  So, I invited a couple of families over for dinner and cake and icecream on Sunday, March 28th.  The husbands in both families had birthdays in March, so I thought it was perfect.  I made beef stew, which everyone loved.  The two women in the families were my close friends, but Matt didn't know the men very well.  I guess if I had thought that through more I would have invited people that Matt wants to get to know better.  Overall, everyone had a good time. The kids even had fun. 

Matt got the royal treatment with beef stew, a Cold Stone's icecream cake and a new 32 gig iPod Touch for his birthday.  He had a lot of fun!!!  He had no idea was getting the iPod, but he loved it!!

Singing to Matt!


The Cake!!


Opening a present from his parents!!


Reading the card


An Easter gift for Abigail!



Opening the present from Abigail and I.


The iPod touch

On Monday, March 29, we had a new family in the ward over that we wanted to get to know more.  After we invited them over we found out that it was our neighbor's birthday on that same day.  So, we decided to invite them over too.  Then after the original family came over we found out it was the husband's birthday a couple of days before and that it was the wife's birthday that day.  So, we celebrated 4 birthdays that day. 

We had dinner and then we had birthday cake that our neighbors brought over.  The family we originally invited over had to go, because their son needed to get to bed.  Our neighbors stayed and we played Scategories.  We had a really good time.  Hopefully we will be able to do more things with both families.

No comments:

Post a Comment