Well, it has taken me a while to get all the pictures and videos uploaded, but I'm finally ready to blog about Abigail's 1st birthday or should I say birthdays. As I was planning her birthday I kept the bags of party favors in our room. Well, on her birthday she decided to go play in our room WITH THE PARTY FAVORS. I came in to find this.
She loves putting the maraca in her mouth and shake her head back and forth so it will make noise. The rubber ducky was a hit too!!
Later on she was sitting on a plastic chair playing while I was folding laundry. I noticed she was trying to reach something on the cedar chest. I moved her closer so she wouldn't fall off and get hurt. Despite my effort she still fell off and hit her cheek bone on the edge of the cedar chest. She immediately started balling. I took her in her room to rock. After a few minutes she decided she was fine and she climbed down and crawled back into the living room. She went straight up to the chair and shoved it and then kicked it. Then she was fine and went about playing with blocks, but she wanted to let the little plastic patio chair know that she was mad at it.
Later that afternoon of her birthday her Grandpa John flew in. She was desperately tired, but she was too excited to take a nap. Finally she went to sleep around 9 pm.
We waited to open presents until Friday morning when Matt could be home to be apart of the experience.
Below are videos of her opening presents from Matt & I.
Next she opened a present from Grandma and Grandpa Davis.
Mom & Dad, thank you so much for the card and coloring page. It was so thoughtful of you to send it. I know how much of a sacrifice it was to send a card. It means a lot to us. She loved the coloring page & she carried the card around all day on the day before her birthday.
Grandpa John, Grandma Marilyn, Auntie Joy, Uncle Pascal, Auntie Jody, Uncle Cesar and cousins Daphne, Violette & Luciana all sent a combined gift. Here's the video of Abigail opening it.
Playing with her new presents
Matt and his dad hanging out
After Abigail was done opening presents she went to her 1 year well baby check-up. The doctor said that she looked just perfect. She is 30 inches and 20 lbs. That puts her in the 79th percentile for height and the 39th percentile for weight. It's kind of funny, because she eats a ton of food. Sometimes I think eating is one of her favorite things to do.
After the doctor appointment Matt went and got his monthly massage at Massage Envy. Abigail was still sleeping when I went to pick him up from the massage, so Grandpa stayed home with her. I had been having migraines everyday for the past few days and I was hurting really bad all day, so I last minute scheduled a massage. Grandpa and Daddy hung out at home together while Abigail continued napping during Mommy's massage. Abigail woke up just in time to go to Costco and get some last minute supplies for the party. After Costco we went to eat at China Star. It is seriously the best Chinese restaurant in Bountiful!! We love the chef there.
FINALLY... the day of the party arrived. YAY!!!
We got up early and packed everything in the car to take to the park and went to Dick's to pick up the cake and fill balloons. Just as we were finishing decorating the pavilion at the park in our Brown Bear, Brown Bear theme her first guest arrived. Everyone played on the playground and had fun. Check out the videos.
Abigail dressed and ready for her party
The balloons filled the whole back seat of the car. We were lucky to get the car door shut.
Wiggle Worm
After everyone got their energy out we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cake and icecream.
Yum
Icky Sippy
Connor Grubbs... he decided to be the goldfish.
Thank you for taking a break from yard work to come play with us Grubbs family.
Cousins
Melissa with Mayli
Matt Watson eating cake with his neice
Marlow eating cake with his cousin
Duane asking his mom for a napkin in a kid-kinda-way.
Michelle feeding Brian yummy cake
Melanie & Marley
After everyone was done eating cake we played "Pin the Tail on Brown Bear", but most of the kids were ready to go, so we just let them put their cotton ball wherever they wanted. It was fun though.
After the party we went home and dropped stuff off. Then we got back in the car and went to a Harston-Briggs Family Reunion. We had a great time connecting with everyone there. I was the only Ray Harston there, so I got to update everyone on where all the Ray Harston kids are living and what they are up to, to the best of my knowledge. Quite a few people came up to me and told me stories about my mom and my aunts and uncles. Others asked me about my Grandma. It was fun. Matt and I played games with Keith Harston's kids while Abigail was sleeping. I learned that they are a bunch of little cheaters!!!! We had a ton of fun, though.
Sunday we went to church and then had Fran Applegate, who served in the Sacramento Mission with Grandpa John and Grandma Marilyn, over for dinner. We had salmon and baked potatoes. It was so yummy. I will definitely be making that again. Fran gave Abigail a Brown Bear, Brown Bear stuffed animal as well as the book. Since we already have the book she said that we can take it back and exchange it for another book. Abigail loves the stuffed animal. She has been taking it everywhere with her.
Hugging Brown Bear
Playing with the "Pin the Tail on Brown Bear" poster that Mommy made.
After dinner we called Uncle Ralph to see if we could hook up with him before Grandpa John went back home. It ended up that there was a bbq we didn't know about at Matt's cousin's house. So, we were immediately invited to that. We ate a little bit more there, and we shared our left over birthday cake. It was so yummy, but we have been trying to lose weight so we were more than happy to share. We brought our pack-n-play so Abigail could go to bed and we could stay late to play games. We had a lot of fun, but we were exhausted by the time we got home.
Monday we slept in until 10 and Abigail slept in until 11 am. When I woke up Matt told me that his dad wanted to go out to eat at the cafe next to our house. When Abigail woke up we walked down to the cafe and ate brunch. Grandpa John ordered the same thing that Matt and I get every time we go, and Abigail got to eat the food from the cafe for the first time. She loved the buttermilk pancakes as much as us.
After brunch we went to see Toy Story 3 in 3-D. We learned that Abigail is too young to go to the movies, and we ended up in the back of the theater letting her crawl around on that nasty floor. It grossed me out to let her crawl around down there, but my only other choice was to leave the movie. They made us pay for her to go in, so there was no way. We had fun though!!!
After the movie we went to dinner at Uncle Ralph and Aunt Jean's house. It was delicious. After dinner we put Abigail down for a nap while we played games and Aunt Jean did a crossword puzzle in the other room. We had a lot of fun. I probably had way too much fun. I made Uncle Ralph go set and into the hole playing Twelve. Matt quickly informed me that no one has ever done that to Uncle Ralph. When he told me that I felt pretty proud!! I guess that's my competitive side coming out. When it happened I took a picture of Uncle Ralph so that I could always remember that moment.
Tuesday we ate breakfast and then took Grandpa to the airport. Then we were able to get back into our normal routine, and I started going to the gym again. Needless to say, it was a busy, busy birthday weekend.
















































wow, time flies!! Looks like it was a fantastic first birthday!
ReplyDelete