Well, it has been a busy week. I registered and paid for the Region V Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf conference over 6 months ago, and it sneaked up on me. Before I knew it I only had two days to find someone to watch Abigail while Matt was working. I called all around and couldn't find anyone. Since we canceled our trip to Washington, Matt had a few extra days vacation. He took last Wednesday, Friday & Saturday off and watched Abigail for me. I attended the conference on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Friday night I skipped out on the last workshop and we headed up to Camp Zarahemla for our Ward Camp-out. We just went up for the night and played games and roasted marshmallows. We all stayed up so late that none of us woke up until 11:00 Saturday morning, including Abigail. We had so much fun though. I decided to spend the day with Matt and Abigail rather than going to workshops. I did, however, go to the Banquet Saturday evening. After dinner was over I came home & we went swimming as a family. It was so much fun.

For Father's Day, I made Matt breakfast in bed; he opened his present from Abigail. It was a board book that Abigail made special for Matt with stickers. Then we went to church. Matt was bummed out that they didn't give the father's anything at church. However, he loved the paper tie that Abigail colored for him during nursery.
After Abigail went to bed on Father's Day, Matt and I played Monopoly. I killed him. I think it was the first time either one of us had played Monopoly all the way to the end. I enjoyed myself, and Matt was just happy that I agreed to play Monopoly with him. He would have preferred that we played Risk, but hey, one step at a time.
I own all of the properties, and all the red are my spaceports. I guess you could say that I have a monopoly on the game board.
We had fun anyway...
I started this post a week ago and then life got busy before I could post it.
ReplyDelete