Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Whirlwind

Well, once again life is completely crazy.  While I was up in Hyrum watching my niece I got a call from my dad saying that my grandpa has pancreatic cancer.  I made plans to go to Washington, but a couple of days later I found out that it might not be cancer.  Today I should find out whether it is actually cancer or not.  Since it didn't seem as urgent, I decided to get the ball rolling with getting my carpal tunnel taken care of.  So, tomorrow I go in for surgery.  Directly afterward Matt will drive me to Nevada to meet up with his parents, who will take Abigail and I to their house.  I will recover at their house while they watch Abigail for me, as I will pretty much be one-handed for a little while.  Then I will be able to start learning how to take care of Abigail in ways that cause the least pain.  We will meet back up in Nevada on the 26th.  My mom and younger brother and sister fly in on the 27th.  They will stay with us and play with us at the park and the rec center for a few days.  Then we will go to my brother's ward in Hyrum to see his son blessed.  Then Abigail and I will head out on the road to go visit my grandpa.  My dad will also be there, so we will get to spend about 5 days with him before he heads back to Alabama.  After we've spent some time with my dad's side of the family, we will go to Seattle to visit with my mom's side of the family.  Then we will go to Oregon for a couple of days to visit our friends from Monmouth. We will get back to Salt Lake just in time for me to start work again on the 23rd of August.  It will be a whirlwind, and I hope that my body will be able to keep up.  We'll see....

Here are some pictures..... we've been playing at the park.
Abigail snuggling, sick with strep. Notice the Pedialyte on her dresser.

Lost 10 lbs since June 1st.  Hard to tell though.

Abigail waiting patiently for the Stadium of Fire fireworks show to start.  We had dinner at my cousin Rayanna's and then went to the show with them.


Playing in the tunnel at the park.



She always seems to end up in the most odd positions when she sleeps.  This is what she looked like when I woke her up from her nap to go to church on Sunday.


Abigail making her way to the slide.

She always tilts her bum to start sliding before we even get her sat down.  She loves the slide!!





On Tuesday we went to my cousin Rosemary's to say goodbye before she moved back to California.

This month we also found out that Abigail loves Salmon and Mahi Mahi.

This picture is a little more dainty than the previous.  At first she loved it so much she was just shoveling it in.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you will be busy! Good luck with your surgery, I hope the recovery goes smoothly. It sounds like you'll have quite the adventure for the remaining summer; have fun and be safe! I hope everything goes well for your grandpa. Have fun safe trips, and don't forget to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Great job on the 10 lbs!

    Hopefully your busy summer will leave time for a lot of laughter and fun memories :)

    ReplyDelete