Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Little Hotdog Bandit

On Monday we went to the grocery store as a family for some needed staples.  As we were going down the refrigerated aisle we let Abigail get down and walk.  (Yes, she's walking now... completely independent!!) We got to the lunch meat and we were deciding which ones to get when something caught my attention.  Abigail found the hotdogs right down on her level. She was grabbing them as fast as she could.  By the time I got to her (30 seconds later) she already had 5 packages of hotdogs in her possession.  We put her back in the cart and promised her we would get some hotdogs for her.  We gave her one package to hold onto, and we put one in the cart.  Within 5 minutes she had bitten through the plastic, which she happily handed to us, and had eaten a little bit off of every single hot dog.  I was mortified that my little Hotdog Bandit had eaten through the package.  Once we got out to the car, we got the camera out and took some pictures.  She screamed bloody murder when we tried to take the hotdogs away. I didn't have the energy for the fight, so I let her hold onto them until we got home.  Then I cooked a couple and let her have them before I put her to bed.  I knew Abigail loves hotdogs, but I had no idea to what extent.  In the future we will not be taking Abigail down the hotdog aisle.




Can you believe that little girl did all that with just her teeth?!

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy! Marley won't have anything to do with hotdogs. Man Abigail is so funny. Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete