Getting Ready for Surgery
They had to put my identification bracelet on my ankle since I was having surgery on my left hand and an IV in my right hand.
Just waiting & waiting & waiting to go into surgery... the surgeon was a couple hours late.
Out of surgery....
Starting to be unburied from all the blankets. I was freezing after I woke up from surgery.
My amazing nurse... made me an awesome care package for my drive to NV. It ended up being most useful in keeping Abigail entertained in the car.
After a torturous car ride with Abigail we finally made it to the hotel. First thing, Matt and his dad went and got us all dinner. Yummy Mexican food. I probably shouldn't have had any "REAL" food yet, but what I did eat was yummy.
We put down the "Dog" sheet for Abigail to sit on & eat her dinner.
She loved her quesadilla!!
We hung out at Matt's parents house for a week and a half. At first Abigail didn't want to go to them, but I finally made her. I wasn't quite healing right, because I was doing too much with Abigail. After I started letting them do pretty much everything, I started healing a lot better. I got a lot of sleep and didn't go anywhere while I was there, if I could help it.
The first day I was there I did go to my brother-in law's birthday dinner. It was nice to see everyone, but I was really tired after having traveled all day.
My sister-in law also came up to visit us. That was a lot of fun. I was happy to get to spend so much time with our niece that we hadn't met yet. That was great to be able to see some of her personality & see how she & Abigail interact together.
Abigail & Luciana
Abigail, Mom, Great-Great Aunt Jane & Great-Great Uncle Garner
I am so grateful that Abigail had the opportunity to meet Uncle Garner. He has been a great influence in my life. He gave me my Patriarchal Blessing & he sealed Matt & I in the temple. He is a spitting image of my grandfather. He passed away while Matt drove Abigail & I back to Utah. My grandfather died 9 years ago, and Uncle Garner filled the void in my heart that my grandfather left behind. With Uncle Garner's death I feel like I have lost my grandfather all over again. I am so grateful for my knowledge that I will see them both again. I love them both dearly!!
Grandpa John playing with Abigail.
Getting Her Nails Cut....
I was really happy I had an excuse not to have to do it. I hate cutting her nails!!
Playing Games...
She loved playing with Aunt Sharon!!!
She helped shake the dice!! She loved it!! She could hardly wait for it to be her turn again!!
The morning daddy arrived!! She could hardly wait!! She missed him so much!!! She got up at 5:00 that morning in anticipation of his arrival at 8am.
Matt stayed with us in CA for a couple of days so that he could meet his niece, Luciana, and spend some time with his sister, Jody.
Way too many photos, because they are all so darn cute......
(Thanks to my sister-in law, Jody, for some of these pictures... she always captures these kids way better than I can)
Auntie, that flash is too bright!!
Matt's head is cut off, but the kids look cute!
Cousins....
No Grandpa, I don't want to be squished here...
Ahh... this is much better.
Abigail trying to give Luciana loves...
Luci: "Ok, I'll smile for the camera. Abigail: "What do you think you're doing?"
You can see Abigail on the camera screen.
That's All Folks... Thank goodness!!














































No comments:
Post a Comment