Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It looks like Christmas!

On Friday when I got up I checked for snow, but there wasn't any. When I left at 7 am we had about half an inch. It was a pretty good commute, because it hadn't started snowing yet in Salt Lake and by the time I got to Cottonwood Heights it had just started there. Unfortunately, I left my brain in bed that day. When I got dressed I looked in my closet for some black shoes to go with my outfit. I saw some sandals with a strap horizontal across the top of the foot and thought, "Those would look cute!" I put them on and went to leave. I saw it was snowing and decided to grab a coat. Realizing I had gotten rid of my winter coat since the zipper broke last year. I went to grab my light jacket and remembered I hadn't washed it yet since Abigail slimed it a couple days before. I was out of options so I left with only a 3/4 sleeve cardigan for warmth. I figured I would be fine in the building. It was just getting from the car to the building that I would freeze. Unfortunately I didn't take into account the fact that first period is outside in a portable. And of all days the door was locked to the portable. The students who were as ill-prepared as I was had to wait outside with me until the teacher came. When I got to my car after work I had to do a serious wipe off job from the half foot of snow on my car, which was fun in sandals.

I picked up Abigail from school and we changed into snow clothes. I used one of Matt's coats. After we were done shoveling we made a snowman. We have tried before and it has never worked, because the snow is always so dry and powdery. Luckily, the snow we got Friday afternoon was pretty wet. It made the perfect snowman. Abigail was so proud of it and insisted on a carrot nose and hat. I helped her out with the eyes and mouth as well. The. We went in and made hot cocoa and warm dinner!!! Great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment