Friday, November 2, 2012

Spooky Halloween... The Chili Cookoff

Well, it feels like it's been a whole week of Halloween celebration. Friday after school I presented a workshop about supervision, which is just a format (borrowed from the medical field) to talk about the work of interpreting in a confidential manner. I was so happy that Abigail's best friend, Mayli's dad offered to pick Abigail up from school and watch her for me when I lead supervision sessions. I didn't have to worry about her at all, and I LOVED presenting the workshop and sharing what I know. I decided I would like to go back to Wetern and get my masters in interpreting pedagogy (i.e. interpreting professor), but I want to get a lot more interpreting experience before I do that. I have been adamant that I absolutely would not go back to get my masters degree since the day I walked across the stage and got my bachelors degree. And once again Matt knows me better than I know myselfy. He's always said that I care too much about the Deaf community to sit idly by. He's always said that I will go on to get my PhD and write books or better the field of interpreting in some way. And he was right yet again.

Anyhow, after he workshop I picked up Abigail, gave her a bath and turned her into Tinkerbell for our ward chili Cookoff in which there are a couple Halloween games. When Matt got home we went together as a family. Afterward I stayed for craft night. Donna Stocking taught me how to crochet hats using the magic circle technique. It was amazing. I started out not being able to count my stitches or anything and needing constant direction. By the end of the night I just needed help ending a row and starting the next one. I am half way finished with the basic hat. Then I need to make kitty ears, mouth, nose and whiskers. I walked home from the church since we live do close. On the way I got a text from my neighbor asking me to jump their car. So, I did that and went to bed. It was a long night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment