Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Everything Coming Together

Well, everything seems to really be coming together. Matt is working two full-time jobs, which is making it possible for me to stay home with Abigail and still be able to pay all our hospital bills from when she was born. Matt seems to be holding out really well, and he still spends time with Abigail and I on his days off. He is amazing!! Every morning I wake up when his alarm goes off and I shake him to wake up. Every time I think that I will get up and make sure he gets out the door. Every time the next thing I know he is waking me up to give me a kiss and say goodbye. I always feel like a delinquent wife. I should at least be able to see him out the door in the morning.

I was offered a job late last week. I will be working as an educational interpreter for the Canyons School District. The way the district handles things is they have all the special needs children go to one school in the district. All the Deaf kids are at that school along with all the other kids with any kind of disability. I have never seen it done that way before, so it will be interesting to see how everything works. I am only making $.63 more than I was at Roof Doctors before I transferred to Western, but it is full-time doing what I love and it has amazing health benefits. What's even better is that there is room to advance.

I start working on August 26th and Matt's mom will come watch Abigail for the first month that I work. Matt will keep working both jobs until his mom leaves. At that point, he will only work at OfficeMax in the evenings on his days off from Ebay. Because Matt will be working the swing shift, we should not need to hire a babysitter. I don't know my exact hours yet, so if there is a little bit of overlap between when I get off work and when Matt has to be at work we will hire someone to watch Abigail for those few hours. We are very happy about this, because it will allow Abigail plenty of time spent with her parents.

Speaking of Abigail... she will be 2 months old tomorrow!! Here are some updated pictures!

At 7 weeks she got a heat rash from the hot weather we've been having.
Doctor's orders are to let her hang out in only her diaper!

Not sure how she feels about sitting up on her own!

Discovering what her feet look like for the first time.


Sunday... one of the few days a week Daddy gets to spend time with Abigail

Oh, the things that daddies do to make their girls happy.
Afterward Matt was dying and said something along the lines of, "I don't know what I was thinkin'!"


My baby girl "bee"in happy!!


The flash didn't go off when I took this picture, but look how long she is. She just had her checkup and she is almost 11 lbs exactly and 23 inches long!!
The doctor says she will be taller than me, but shorter than Matt! Neither of us would be surprised is she is as tall as Matt!




No comments:

Post a Comment