Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Best Exercise of a Lifetime

During UEA weekend we spent Thursday with Matt since it was his day off (same day we went to the Firehouse). Matt wanted to go running. I had already exercised earlier that morning, but Abigail wanted to go running with Matt. I figured we could go as a family and I would run with Abigail and Matt could run ahead. It didn't end up working that way. Abigail HAD to be with Matt and a good portion of the time she ended up on Matt's shoulders. It got to the point that she was riding on his shoulders until he thought he was going to die. Then he would put her down and try to catch her breath. Well about that same time she was ready to do some running and would say, "Come on, Dad. Let's run!" Eventually Matt figured out to send her running back to me since I was trailing behind the two of them. Then we could catch up while he caught his breath. Then he would run with Abigail on his shoulders. And we continued in this manner until we circled back home. Matt was complaining that he didn't get a good run in. But I told him that he got better exercise doing that then any run he could have done without the two of us. When we got home Matt was suffering from an asthma attack. He just put his face in his shirt and breathed the warm air. He must've gotten the best exercise he's ever gotten since being married to me, because I've never seen him have an asthma attack in the six years that we've been married.

No comments:

Post a Comment