Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Cousin Sleepover
Months ago I promised my brother that I would watch his kids so that he could go do something fun with his wife for her birthday. They ended up deciding on Frightmares at Lagoon. The week leading up to the Saturday that I was supposed to take care of his kids Matt got us prescreening tickets to the new Tinkerbell movie. The only problem was that the movie started at 9 o'clock and my brother wasn't dropping off the kids until 9:30. I figured we could just take his kids with us, but that would mean that they would have to get up super early to get here from Logan in time to go to the movie. So, I decided to go and pick them up Friday night. All the kids fell asleep in the car on the way to our house except for Abigail. Parker woke up as soon as the car stopped. So, I decided to take Parker and Abigail inside first. I had them just play in Abigail's room and be quiet, so that I could bring Riley in (hopefully still asleep). I had no sooner reached the car when asked Abigail came screaming to the back door. I could tell it was more than a stolen toy. So, I decided to run up there and see what was wrong. When I reached Abigail I could see it blood streaming from her nose. I was in shock! I fumbled around for a dish rag to wipe her nose with and went into her room. Blood was still pouring everywhere. And there were little drips of blood all the way from her bedroom to the back door. I found Parker crying. I asked them both what happened. Abigail said, "Parker and I bumped heads." I looked Parker over and didn't find any bumps or bruises or nicks or scratches and so I gave him a kiss on the head where he indicated that he was hurting and I made Abigail to lay down on her back to help slow and stop the bleeding. I left them again to go get Riley. I was successfully able to bring her in from my car and lay her down on my bed until I had the air mattress ready to go. From what I understand that's quite a feat! I let Parker and Abigail stay up and watch the first Tinkerbell movie in order to calm down a little bit from the previous excitement and to gear up for the Tinkerbell movie in the morning. Before the movie was even over I decided it was beyond time to go to bed, so I blew up the air mattress and got Parker in bed and Abigail in bed. Then I moved Riley onto the queen air mattress with Parker. Everyone slept well until 7 AM when Parker and Riley woke up. We all got ready for the movie and went to the movie theater. Matt had to work, so I had to take the kids by myself. That was an adventure! It went pretty well considering I had three kids three years old and younger. Riley had to go to the bathroom three times during the movie, so I was really glad that we had a seat on the aisle where we could get in and out easily. The kids loved the movie and they got free Tinkerbell wings as a part of the promotion. It was pretty amazing! Those were better fairy wings than any of the fairy wings you can possibly buy. Abigail got to use them in her costume for Halloween this year. She got a lot of compliments on her fairy wings, and I was glad to tell people that we got them for free at the prescreening of the new Tinkerbell movie. By the time we got home from the movie all of us were exhausted. All three kids fell asleep in the car this time. This time Parker and Abigail stayed asleep and Riley woke up. Riley and I stayed in my bedroom where we could read books and watch movies and be quiet so that the other two kids could sleep. Once they woke up we had a fun time playing together and having dinner. I had just put the kids to bed when Jay and Jessica got back from Frightmares. They stayed a while to chat with me and even waited a while for Matt to get home from work. It made for a very busy weekend, but it was really fun to have all the cousins together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment