Well, it has been an adventurous weekend. On Friday, Matt called in sick to work. He has been so good to me, getting up with Abigail during the night so that I can get some sleep before I have to go to work. Abigail really hasn't been sleeping very well lately, so Matt was exhausted by Friday. He stayed home so he could get a nap. I can't blame him for that. We relaxed a little, ordered pizza in and then attempted to go to the temple. We just barely missed the last session, so we got dessert and just enjoyed hanging out without worrying about having to take care of Abigail. Unfortunately, the entire 90 minutes we were gone, Abigail screamed. Poor Melanie.
Then Saturday morning my co-worker, Tracey and her husband Brian came over and played with Abigail while we went to the store to do some research. We buy the bulk of our food at Costco, and we are trying to budget our money as much as possible. We literally walked aisle by aisle through Costco and wrote down the price and quantity of things we have bought at Costco before. Now when we get the ads in the mail, we will know whether the sale at the grocery store is better than getting it at Costco. It was nice to not have Abigail for that trip. We would have never made it all the way through Costco if we had her with us.
This morning Abigail woke up sick. She didn't wake up until about 10 minutes before church started, so I didn't realize she was sick until she started coughing and sneezing during church. I skipped out on church early and brought her home. She has slept a lot today. As the day has progressed she has thrown up more and more. Now she is hardly keeping anything down. I called the doctor, who told me to give her pedialyte and baby tylenol. Now she is sleeping, so hopefully she will start keeping more down. Right now she is keeping just enough down that we don't have to rush her to Primary Children's Hospital just yet. My hope is that she will continue to improve and we won't have to even take her in at all.
It is so hard when kids are sick. I hope she gets better soon.
ReplyDelete