Well, Abigail has reached some big developmental landmarks. In the evening the last time I blogged, Abigail rolled over for the first time. It totally caught me by surprise, because she rolls to her side all the time. She almost never makes it all the way onto her tummy. She did it though. She doesn't roll over all the time, but she has done it about three times in the last week.
I tried to take a picture of her face just after rolling over, but of course the flash spoiled her big girl smile!!
Abigail has also had a hard time sleeping at night. Someone suggested trying her on rice cereal, so we did.
That was a fun experience. I couldn't stop snapping pictures. Abigail was so adorable!!
After we tried with a spoon. She didn't quite figure out the tongue yet.
She wasn't quite sure what this new thing in her mouth was.
She has to put her finger in her mouth to figure out what Mommy and Daddy were putting her mouth.
Checking out the right side of her mouth.
Checking out the left side of her mouth.
We decided to cut one of her bottle nipples a little bigger and feed it to her from a bottle.
She sucked that stuck down in a matter of about 30 seconds.
All done eating!!
All cleaned up and hangin' with Daddy!!
On Sunday we went to put her in something for church and none of her 3 month dresses fit. She was way too tall. So, then we looked for something in the 6 month size and all there was was a 6-12 month dress. I thought it would be way to big for her, but it fits her perfectly for her length. Granted it was falling off her shoulders, but hey, she was still just as adorable as ever.
Thanks Grandma Van for the cute outfit!!
She's getting so big!! Just yesterday I was telling Matt that Abigail looks like a toddler.
He agreed with me then said, "Her body looks like a toddler with a baby head sticking out the top."
Totally true!!
Daddy spending time with the family before work Sunday afternoon.
I love the little ballerina slippers.
They are the only shoes that fit her right now.
Anyone who knows Matt knows that he finds great joy in making people laugh. For the past couple months Matt has been doing everything he can to get Abigail to laugh. Finally last week he asked me what my BabyCenter e-mails say about when babies are supposed to laugh. I told him that the e-mails hadn't said anything about that. I finally got Abigail to laugh last week. I have it on videotape, although I was unable to get her to laugh while the video camera was actually on her. Oh well, you do what you can to capture those precious moments.
Abigail videos to follow.










She is so adorable Robin!
ReplyDelete