Thursday, August 9, 2012

Busy Day

Tuesday Matt and I went to see a psychologist to have some testing done and learn how Matt's brain works and why he seems to be have so much trouble in school lately. I told Matt I would be available to go, but I forgot about getting a babysitter for Abigail. Abigail was pretty good about playing on her own while we talked to the psychologist. She asked lots of questions and we talked for an hour and a half if not 2. Then Abigail and I left and Matt did some testing. Matt told me he felt like it was taking him a long time to complete the test. He especially took a long time on the last problem. He apologized to the psychologist that it was taking him so long to figure it out. She told him that most people give up long before they get to that problem and that they normally take a lot longer on the test than he had. He worked on that question a while longer and finally figured it out. The psychologist seemed pleasantly surprised and almost proud of him for completing the test and getting it right!! He still has more testing to do, but I'm optimistic that we will be able to get through whatever this roadblock is so that he can get on with his education again!

After we were done at the psychologist Matt and Abigail got a haircut. Matt tried out a new place he's never gone to before called Sport Clips. It's like going to the spa for men. He got his hair cut, had a scalp massage, steamed towel and shoulder massage for a few dollars more than he pays at Great Clips or somewhere else like that! It was a really quality haircut though...

Abigail went to Cookie Cutters again. She loves going there and she was so good while getting her hair cut. She even got her hair put in braids and glitter in her hair. She growled when the girl sprayed her hair, which made me laugh. She may be way better for the people at Cookie Cutters cutting her hair, but she still detests having anything sprayed in her hair! She loves going down the slide at Cookie Cutters after she's done getting her hair cut.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, I can't believe how big she is getting!

    I hope you guys are able to get some answers. It would be so frustrating to not know what's going on.

    Doug goes to Sports Clips, he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, April, she's huge. She just had a growth spurt and skipped a clothing size. Good thing it's back to school shopping time so we can get her clothes that fit!

    ReplyDelete