Saturday, August 25, 2012

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa

A couple days after Abigail's birthday Abigail and I went to California to visit Matt's parents. It was a long trip driving by myself. Every time I had to go to the bathroom I had to take Abigail in with me whether she was sleeping or not... Grrr. On top of that reality my car kept on overheating. We had just had the coolant flushed and when they refilled it they didn't do it right. So, there was an air bubble causing all kinds of trouble. I was really glad to have finally made it.  We had a good time while we were there.  We got to spend time with Aunt Joy and cousin Viollette and Aunt Jody and cousins Luci and Roman as well as Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa John and Aunt Sharon.  It was lots of fun!! The first day I mostly just took a nap and hung out at the house.  On Saturday we went down to Sacramento and played with the cousins.  We went to a cool kids art center. Otherwise we hung out at Aunt Jody's house.  Here are some pictures.

 We arrived around 7 Am after driving through the night, so Aunt Sharon offered to watch Abigail so I could get some sleep. I guess Abigail got into the cats bed to play with her.  So, Aunt Sharon just took one of her tank tops and tied it up into a dress for Abigail. When I came out I thought Grandma had gotten some dress up clothes, because she looked like she was dressed up like Bam-Bam or something.

 Violette getting her shoes on getting ready to go to the Art Center
 Abigail keeping herself entertained until we were ready to go to the art center. 

 Playing with Moon Dough at the Art Center
 Having a snack break...

 In a Rocket ship at the Art Center

 Luci trying to find a place to sit in the Rocket.

 Abigail taking Violette and Luci for a ride. 

Aunt Jody decided to take all three for a ride.  She definitely got a workout!




 Hugs!!

Sunday!!
 Helping Grandpa make brownies.

Yoga
Abigail spent a lot of time exercising with Aunt Sharon.  It was so cool to watch her do yoga with Aunt Sharon.  She really did a great job following instructions.  Sometimes it took her a minute to realize what to do next, but she did great!







Folsom Lake
On Monday we went to Folsom Lake with Aunt Jody and Luci. It was a lot of fun.  Abigail was having a hard time listening though.  So, our trip was probably cut a little short, but not much.  After Abigail had a second melt down over running into the water away from me and had to have a time out we decided that we were probably done. 

 We stopped and got cold drinks. 
 Unfortunately the fruit snacks we brought melted in the sun. While I was driving Aunt Jody cleaned off Abigail's hands once.  When she tried to get into the fruit snacks a second time I had to pull over in the canyon and try to clean her up enough to get home.  Abigail calls this Spiderman Fingers.




 Great Grandpa Martin came for dinner and to play....


 Hugging Luci goodbye. When Aunt Jody and Luci and Roman left to go home Abigail said she wanted to go home and sleep in her own bed and see her Daddy.  I convinced her to go to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I told her we would leave after breakfast. During the night I couldn't sleep and the idea of being home by the time Matt got off work sounded really great!  So, I decided to just go ahead and pack the car and head out.  Everyone else had already gone to sleep so I decided to just leave a note.  Sure enough we got home with enough time to unpack the car and take a nap before Matt got home from work.  It worked out perfectly.   The next day was the 4th of July, so we went to the 4th of July breakfast at the church and then went to Lagoon as a family with the Watsons.  Perfect 4th of July!!




No comments:

Post a Comment