The morning of the baptism Abigail didn't want to get up, but when I reminded her that we needed to get ready for the baptism she could contain her excitement and jumped out of bed. We went to the baptism and sat by some of my cousins and my aunt, Rayanna's sister and her mother. All the talks and introductions were in English, but when we went to watch the baptism it was performed in Spanish. I understood most of the instruction. Then we went back to the chapel to wait for Cody and Wilford to get dressed after the baptism. During that time Abigail had to go potty so I took her out. On the way back I saw my cousin, Yvonne, on the couch crying. Her husband had died recently, only a month after they had been sealed as a family. I have never been very close to her, mostly because of our difference in age. So, I wasn't really sure if I was the right person to comfort her. I hesitated, but then I decided I would see if I could help out. I sat next to her and rubbed her back and hugged her. She told me that that specific day marked one month since her husband had passed. I apologized that sometimes I don't say the right thing. She kind of laughed. Soon we heard Wilford start to give Cosy the the gift of the Holy Ghost. We just stayed where we were to not cause a commotion during the blessing. Then Rayanna spoke to the kids in Spanish and English, alternating about the Holy Ghost. We couldn't really hear her from the hall so we went to the very back row to listen.
After the baptism they had a BBQ birthday party for Cody. They played a few games and sat around and ate while the kids played. It was a lot of fun! Cody is really into Angry Birds so they played an Angry Birds game where they had to throw a ball at a stack of "pig" cans and knock them down. It was a lot of fun! Here are some videos.
Playing Hot Potato
Abigail has been singing this song non-stop ever since the party!
Cody smashing the pinata!! Happy birthday, Cody!!
Abigail's turn
Since we were in Provo we went to see my friend Rachel that I've known since I was 11. It was nice to catch up with her and see her family. We didn't stay too long, because it had already been a long day. We had a great time and Abigail was so worn out she fell asleep on the way home.
Then once we were home she woke up while I was getting her out of the car. I told her that she should go in the house and go lay down, knowing there was not much chance of that happening.
However, when I went to put some things away in my bedroom I found this!!
She had climbed on my the very edge of the bed and rearranged the blankets so that she could cover her head and cast a shadow over her head. Tired girl!!!
Overall, we had a fabulous day!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment