Thursday, August 23, 2012

Making the Most of Summer

We have been trying to squeeze as much fun as we can out of the last week of summer. Last night Abigail and I went to Lagoon with the Watsons again. Abigail is finally big enough to go on some of the bigger rides. The ones that go fast and she was required to sit with me she looked terrified during the ride but then she said she loved it! But she truly LOVED the rides that went fast that she was able to ride with her best friend, Mayli. Most of those kinds of rides just made me sick but we had a lot of fun!!! We walked by the Haunted Mansion ride, which was closed at the time, but it caught Abigail's attention. There was green goblin type thing on the second story opening the shutters and peeking its head out. I can't remember if it made noise, but it certainly concerned Abigail. I finally convinced her to move along. On the ride home she was talking about some kind of bad man and asked me if it was a spirit. I hadn't really been paying attention so I had to ask her what she was talking about. She said there was a bad green man doing this (gesturing opening shutters and bending its head out the window) and talking to the people at Lagoon. She again asked if he was a spirit and I told her I supposed he probably was. I was just shocked that she actually understood the idea of an evil spirit. Now that I think about it there is an evil spirit on a Care Bears movie she has seen and most of the time that spirit is the color green. Anyway we had a blast. And as Abigail and I were walking to meet up with the Watsons a middle aged woman stopped me. She had 3 neon colored elephant stuffed animals from winning carnival games and asked Abigail if she wanted one. Abigail picked a neon orange one. It was crazy, because at first I thought she was one of the workers trying to get us to play a game. Then I realized that she must really want to give them away and she didn't want anything in return. Awesome evening! Going back on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment