Friday, June 4, 2010

First Day of Summer

Today was the first day of summer break, and we had so much fun.  I have been looking forward to being able to be home with Abigail all summer, but it didn't even dawn on me that I get to spend whole summer with Matt too.  Whenever he is home, I get to be home with him.  Duh!!  That is just great news, because I have been having a really hard time here, in Utah, without family or any adult to even talk to when I get home from work.  I have tried to make friends with people from church, but it seems like everyone is so busy with their own lives that there just isn't time to add another person into the mix.  So, I mostly spend my time being incredibly lonely.  Most of the time you at least have your spouse to be your everything, but when you only see your spouse 3 days out of the week it can be really hard.  I was having a really hard time with it, and I talked to my visiting teaching companion simply because I didn't know who else to go to.  After talking to her things have been so much better; nothing really changed, but she really listened to me.  All this time I've felt like I was an idiot for feeling so lonely and for not being able to bounce back after having Abigail and moving to Utah, but she helped me to realize that I really am in a difficult situation.  I guess it made me feel validated in all the emotions I've had in the past 11 months.  Since then I haven't interacted with anyone any more than I ever do.  I've been alone just as much as I always am, but knowing that she is there for me if I need it helped me to be okay with everything.  (And this blog post has gone a different path than I expected when I first sat down to blog, but I'm going to just let it be.  It's raw & it's me & how I've been feeling for such a very long time.  I've kept up a front as much as I could for the past year, because I thought if I could trick everyone else into thinking I was happy here that I might be able to trick myself into thinking that I am happy.  It obviously hasn't worked, so I might as well be straight up.)

So, the point of all of this is that since Matt and I don't see much of each other during the school year, being home during the summer really gives us the opportunity to slow down and get to know each other again.  It allows us to be friends and go play, with or without Abigail.  During the school year the time that we spend together is taking care of housekeeping like, "Did you pay that bill?" or "Do you mind taking the car in to get an oil change on your day off?"  It's just crazy.  It's so nice to be friends with my husband again and go play!!

Today I got up with Abigail and let Matt sleep in a little bit.  We had left-over spaghetti for lunch, and Abigail was begging for some so I gave her some spaghetti on her high chair tray and let her go at it.  She loved it!! 

I really don't think I'm going to be able to get her to eat baby food anymore.  The past couple weeks she has been eating two 6 oz. jars of baby food every night for dinner, so I think the baby food just doesn't fill her up enough anymore.  After lunch we got ready to go exercise at the rec center.  Abigail went to the daycare there while we exercised.  We were going to get a basketball from the front desk and play a little one-on-one basketball, but we ran out of time.  Then we went for a Costco run for milk and few things we were out of, but mostly to get a long range antenna for our tv since we don't subscribe to cable or satellite.  Oh yeah, a few weeks ago we bought a flat screen tv.  Since we have a nice tv now we moved the blu-ray player out of the bedroom and into the living room with the nice tv.  My brother-in law thought we were crazy for buying a blu-ray player when we didn't have a high-def tv, but I wanted it because it streams Netflix and Pandora radio to the tv.  
Ok, so this blog is seriously so random right now.  I think I am going to end it now and start up a new one to talk about the Neighborhood Barbecue that Abigail and I went to tonight.  Just to finish things off, after Costco we came home.  I put Abigail to bed and made Matt's lunch while he took a shower and got ready for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment