Friday, June 4, 2010

Neighborhood Barbecue


Tonight Abigail and I went to a neighborhood barbecue.  When we first got there I put Abigail in her high chair & her friend Mayli came over to play with her.  I forgot the tray to the high chair, which was the whole point to the high chair, so I left Abigail and Mayli to play with my friend Melissa (Mayli's mom) keeping an eye on them.  We only live two blocks away from the park that the barbecue was at, so it only took me about 5 minutes to go and come back.  

Abigail was so excited to have hotdogs for dinner again.  She ate one and she started crying for more, so I got a second one for her.  I thought she might eat half of the second one, but she ate the whole thing.  She must have thought she was pretty hungry, because she was shoveling 4 or 5 pieces of hotdog in her mouth at once.  

Our neighbors sat on the grass next to us to eat.  Most everyone else was in the pavilion, but I thought it would be easier to set Abigail's chair in the grass and let her just go at it. We had a good time chatting with them while we were sitting there.  After Abigail was done eating she was ready to get out and go explore the park.  She walked holding onto my hand the whole distance of the park.  She decided she was ready to play in the sand when we got to the other end of the park where some moms were sitting watching their children play.  I had the chance to talk to some other moms that I don't normally get to talk to.  I got talking to a woman named Tammy.  She organized the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt we went to back in March, but we haven't really had an opportunity to chat until now.  We found out that we both have a membership to the South Davis Rec Center & that we have both always wanted to do a 5K.  Tonight we decided that we are going to do a 5K together this summer.  There is one that she knows about at Thanksgiving Pointe in July, and I told her about one I found out about that is happening on July 24th.  I also told her about how the personal trainers do a free session to help people learn how to use the weight machines on the first Saturday of the month.  She can't go tomorrow, but she told me she will go with me next month.  I am pretty excited!! That will be awesome! I'm excited to have an exercise buddy!

Just before I left I stopped to talk to my friend Melissa (Mayli's mom) and somehow we started talking about the rec center.  She was asking what a membership costs and about the exercise classes that they offer there.  We both really wanted to do the zumba class, so I looked up the zumba class schedule.  So, we made a commitment to each other that we will start going to the zumba class on Monday nights.  I am so excited!! It will be great!! I have been wanting to lose weight, and I am totally going to do it now.  With exercising with Matt in the morning before he goes to work and finding two great exercise buddies, I know that just being more active will help me lose all the weight I've put on since I've had Abigail.  The sad thing was I lost 20 lbs while I was pregnant and put 30 on afterward.  I think it all has to do with my emotional state, but I have turned a new leaf.  I have found a lot of happiness on my own.  I think I just had to make the decision to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment