Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was so much fun!! It was Matt's normal day off & I had it off since I work at a high school, so we had two days off together.  It felt like heaven to have so much time to spend together as a family.  I had just joined the Biggest Loser Challenge on Facebook, so we decided to make a menu of meals for the week and went shopping for the best deals on the things that we needed.  While we were at Smith's Marketplace we also bought a bunch of clothes for Abigail that we found on clearance.  We got quite a few steals.  By the time we were done shopping Abigail was ready for a nap.  So, we came home & had our "barbecue".  We barbecued hamburgers and hotdogs on the George Foreman grill.  Abigail even got to have her own hotdog.  I cut it up into tiny pieces and she loved it.  Matt and I also had potato salad that I made the day before and some chips.  Then after Abigail's nap we went to the rec center to go swimming.  The outdoor pool (intended for little ones like A) was finally open.  We went outside and played on the pirate ship.  It had two slides that slide down into the water and some water guns as well as a tube that you can crawl in from one side of the pirate ship to the other.  We had so much fun, but it was started to cool down, so Abigail got pretty cold.  We went into the family changing room and put Abigail in the warm shower for quite a while to warm her up.  She got warm relatively quickly.  Then we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant before we started eating healthy on Tuesday.  We have been eating well and sticking to the plan since we started the Biggest Loser Challenge on Tuesday.  We have both been exercising everyday as well.  It feels great to be taking such good care of our bodies.  So far, Matt has lost 6 lbs and I have lost 2 lbs.  Matt always loses weight faster than I do, but that's ok.  I tend to lose it slow and steady. It is nice to be doing it together, and develop a lifestyle that will help give Abigail a healthy start!


Waiting for a bite.

Taking a break to get a drink.



She is such a good eater!! She always opens her mouth really big when she is hungry to let us know that she means business!

No comments:

Post a Comment