Well, on June 1st I joined a Biggest Loser Competition on Facebook. Since then Matt and I have been trying to exercise as much as we can. In the two weeks that we have been trying to lose weight we have lost 7 lbs each. I am pretty happy with those results. I figure if we just keep going slow and steady, a little bit each week will get us to our goals.
On June 5th I found a babysitter for Abigail and had a girl's night out with my friend from high school. There was a $7 Tracy Lawrence concert. Both of us knew that we had heard him on the radio before, but we didn't know exactly what songs he plays. It was a fun night out, and included in our ticket was a fireworks show. It was amazing, but the pictures I got just don't do it justice.
Abigail ready to go to the babysitter's house.
They started off the show with some hang gliders flying in.This sight along with patriotic music brought tears to my eyes!!
Andrea & me
Fireworks!!
Some of Abigail's Favorite Things:
Food
By the time she was done eating her spaghetti, it was in her hair, on the floor, in her seat... we decided that we still need to spoon feed to her or else we will have to do a deep cleaning of the house every meal.
Playing Outside
I don't have any pictures, but Abigail loves going outside and playing on the front lawn with the neighbor girl. She has been scared of the grass, but the neighbor girl, Mae helped her to see that the grass isn't scary. Now she just eats it up. Every once in a while, she will crawl to the front door and stand up and try to open the door. She's not that coordinated yet, so she will pound on it until we let her go outside and play.
I don't have any pictures, but Abigail loves going outside and playing on the front lawn with the neighbor girl. She has been scared of the grass, but the neighbor girl, Mae helped her to see that the grass isn't scary. Now she just eats it up. Every once in a while, she will crawl to the front door and stand up and try to open the door. She's not that coordinated yet, so she will pound on it until we let her go outside and play.
Rocking
Abigail loves to rock in her little rocking chair.
Story Time
Her absolute favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She will not go down for bedtime or a nap without reading it MULTIPLE times.
Emptying Her Drawers
Taking a Bath
Her favorite thing is to stick her hand in the stream of water so that it sprays everywhere & she has taken to going in the bathroom & pulling the shower curtain open while mom is showering.
Flowers in her Hair
Abigail will often go get her flower clips and bring them to us to put in her hair. She also loves using her little brush to brush her hair. Beyond that she will steal mom's hair ties and try to put it in her own hair.
Just Plain Cute...
Isn't she adorable when she sleeps?
She always seems to end up the opposite direction of how we place her when we put her in bed.
Safety & Emissions Testing
Abigail loves to rock in her little rocking chair.
Story Time
Her absolute favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She will not go down for bedtime or a nap without reading it MULTIPLE times.
Emptying Her Drawers
Taking a Bath
Her favorite thing is to stick her hand in the stream of water so that it sprays everywhere & she has taken to going in the bathroom & pulling the shower curtain open while mom is showering.
Flowers in her Hair
Abigail will often go get her flower clips and bring them to us to put in her hair. She also loves using her little brush to brush her hair. Beyond that she will steal mom's hair ties and try to put it in her own hair.
Just Plain Cute...
Isn't she adorable when she sleeps?
She always seems to end up the opposite direction of how we place her when we put her in bed.
Safety & Emissions Testing
Yesterday we went to get our car's safety and emissions tested. Abigail hung out with Matt inside while I went and did some other errands with the other car. When I came back this is what I saw.
Then, we saw that we had a quarter, so we let her ride on the Fire Engine.
Turning a nob.
In Other News...
I have been having a lot of problems with my left hand going numb. Lately it goes numb no matter what I do, so I finally bit the bullet and went to the sports medicine doctor that I have seen for other problems with my left hand. I thought it would be connected to the previous problem I had with my left hand, but I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel. Six years ago I had a carpal tunnel release done on my right hand, and at the time the specialist told me that I was just plain born with really small carpal tunnels. So, I immediately expected to schedule surgery or make an appointment to see a surgeon. However, there are some new non-surgical procedures that are available now. I can't remember what the procedure was called, but I had a procedure done where they inject numbing medicine in the median tendon that runs through the carpal tunnel to flush out any debris or lesions that might be in there. Then they fill the tendon with numbing medicine and cortisone to bring down the swelling of the median tendon and allow everything to move more freely in the carpal tunnel. He told me that I would be numb for the next several hours and then I would be in quite a bit of pain for the next 3-4 days. He even gave me a prescription for pain pills if Advil won't cut it. He was right about the numbness. I was numb for 5 or 6 hours and my wrist went weak when trying to do things like hold my phone to my ear or trying to handle a squirming child. I started to have a little bit of pain last night, so I took Advil. However, today I haven't really had any pain. I'm wondering if it is going to creep up on me tomorrow stealth style. We'll see. It's supposed to be painful. If my carpal tunnel really is too small, this procedure probably won't work and I will have to have surgery. I am going to give it until mid-July to see if it is working and then go through the steps to have surgery before school starts in the Fall.
The injection left me with a huge lump where it was administered and a pretty big bruise. I didn't take a picture until late last night, so you can't really see what it looked like.
Other Cute Pictures....
Matt helping Abigail rock.
Abigail trying hard to rock on her own... Daddy obviously giving a little help.
Looking at Daddy
Little Feet
She loves to clap her hands when she is having fun.
Daddy redirecting Abigail to the camera.
Squirmy Wormy
Abigail reading to Mom.













































Abigail is getting so bid and she is beautiful.
ReplyDelete